Monday, September 20, 2010

How Tricia Gets Her Groove Back






I have been neglectful of the blog the last few days and I apologize. We have been very active lately. Our activities have included a softball game, a Wolverine football game, a party at our friend's house, and a trip to the vet for brother.

I have really been struggling with "Getting in the Groove of things." I feel like I am forgetful and very scatter-brained (more than usual that is). I think the lack of sleep has taken its toll on me. The last two nights have been much better. Miles has slept and has only woken up once in the early morning hour each night for a drink. This is PROGRESS!!! He had some nights where he was waking up 3-4 times crying hysterically and we just were not sure what to do to make him happy. Don't get me wrong, we are extremely grateful for him and love him dearly it's just that with no sleep and Mike and I both having allergies and colds it has been rough!!! I am sorry if some of you have called or sent messages and I haven't responded. I am going to try to get on that this week.

Most days my hair is up in a clip and I may or may not wear makeup. I am trying to get the house in order and keep up with the laundry. I have bags under my eyes and I am thankful for the inventor of undereye concealer. I have not had time to touch up my toenail polish and it is half chipped off (UGH!!! This is a HUGE pet-peeve of mine). I am hoping that we are getting in a schedule and some sort of routine because today I put Miles in his carrier on my back and did some yard work and laundry and felt good about this. Winston is liking being the human garbage disposal as there are many more crumbs than before.

With all this said, I would not trade it for the world. I am just trying to find our "new normal" and get my groove back. When he wakes up in the morning and wraps his arms around my neck and has his bedhead and gives me a kiss, I melt. There will be plenty of time for pedicures when I retire right????HAHA

0 comments:

Post a Comment