Monday, October 25, 2010

It's The Great Pumpkin!!!






This was such a fun weekend. I am not sure who had more fun, Mike and I or Miles?? I have always loved this time of year. I love the beautiful leaves, the crispness in the air and PUMPKINS!!! Yes I LOVE pumpkins. I wanted to take our lil punkin to the pumpkin patch to pick out that "special one". Not too short or tall, not too fat or skinny but it must have character and that special little something!! I love a curly longish stem and the particular one we chose just screamed "Take Me Home!!"

We will carve him probably Thursday night because if we peak too soon his face will be shriveled and need botox by Halloween and we can't have that now can we!! We have been calling every pumpkin we see boo hoo so Miles goes around pointing and saying "Boo" which is hilarious. They had a petting zoo, pig races and scarecrow stuffing. We also took a train ride. The only unfortunate moment was when Miles tried to ride a pumpkin like a horse and got bucked off.

And what about those Missouri Tigers beating Oklahoma???? It was a sweet night. We ended the weekend with my brother taking our first family photos at Wallace State Park. It was gorgeous out there and a great place to picnic and hike. The dog and Miles were much more interested in the leaves and running wild than any silly family picture. We may not be doing the rockafeller christmas card this year!!! Oh well-I still have the prettiest pumpkin on the block. Charlie Brown and Linus would be proud!!

1 comments:

Conley's Corner said...

I love reading your blog!

Post a Comment