Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mother's Love





This weekend is a first for me. I will be celebrating Mother's Day as a mother. I already had pictures and videos of my sweet guy last year and knew I was his mama but to actually be able to hold him is priceless.

Before I knew him his birth-mother made the unselfish choice to place him for adoption. We will always honor her and I will be forever grateful for the extremely hard decision she made.

The other VERY IMPORTANT woman in his life was his Omma. This is our Korean Angel who so graciously cared for Miles HaeWon and showered him with love for his first 15 months. We are so thankful for her and the wonderful home he had. They have become our "Korean Family" and hopefully we can travel back someday to see them. He was their first foster baby so I am sure they will always have a special bond.

Being Miles' mother is an honor and I cannot wait to share all those special milestones with him. My own mother is one of the kindest, most giving people I know so beleive me I have had a wonderful teacher.

1 comments:

Kari said...

And a wonderful mother you are! Happy Mother's Day, Trish! It looks good on you!

Post a Comment