Monday, August 30, 2010

Give Me Some Heart And Seoul!!

Our journey started at 4:00 A.M. Sunday morning. Our flight left KCI at 7:00 so we wanted to be there by 5:30. My "Wonderful" sister got up at the crack of dawn to drive us from my brothers house in Platte City. Thank you sissy!! We had a layover in Atlanta and from there we had a direct flight to Seoul. It was a long flight- about 14 hours!!! I realized at the Atlanta airport we forgot BOTH of our pocket translators!! I went to the bookstore to get one and she said we are "Fresh Out" of Korean but we have Spanish and Japanese!! I said somehow I don't think that will help soooooo we are just winging it!!! Our hotel is very nice and about 10 minutes from Eastern Childrens Home. It is kind or like being in the heart of Westport. There are several universities around us and typically the action lasts until about 5:00 A.M. Korean Air was fabulous!! They gave everyone little slippers to wear and two meal and 2 snacks and several glasses of water and juice. I ate the western meal but there was a eastern meal offered as well. The flight atendants were beautiful (about 15 of them) and they all had cute little chignon hairdos and their scarves were starched and stood out like little wings. They were very hospitable. We sat next to a lovely little couple heading to Vietnam. They had another 4 HOURS after there stop in Seoul. They had not been home since 2005 and there daughter and other family lived there. I love to people watch so I was in Hog Heaven in the airports!! Stay Tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment